Question and answer to my solemnization

Many of you asked how much is my solemnization? Where's the venue? How's the food?
How much did you both of you spend etc.. Today, I am going to blog about it, So please continue to read this post. 

It was quite shocking for me, that he propose to me, on 26 December last year 2013. 

Everything was planned by him, I was informed we are heading to ice exhibition with some of his friends. I sense something fishy, how could all his friends took leave on weekdays just to go out with us? Anyway, my six sense is right, silly boy pop the question while we are sitting in the bar. 

Holding on to a mic and saying some touching speech with ''marry me'' song. 

Bf : Will You Marry Me Honey Lim? *kneel
Me : pause** Yes I Do
*PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE CONSIDER THIS CLEARLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH REGISTRY OF MARRIAGE. - DO NOT ASK ME STUPID QUESTION. THANK YOU

(Photo credit to kelvin)

After the proposal, Gan chiong(Rushing) boyfriend was looking at his best date for solemnization ceremony. Which fall on his birthday 14 February 2014. His birthday, valentine day. WHICH IS JUST 1 MONTH PLUS LEFT?
SO WE HAVE TO PREPARE EVERYTHING LESS THAN 2 MONTHS?!
During our off day on weekend we decide to look through the internet and search for the solemnize dates. They have slot on valentine day, my ''boyfriend'' wanted to solemnize at marina bay sand, I contacted MBS, getting quotation, menu and more information. (Busying this for few weeks)

Looking through the solemnizer list, I've tried to contact a few solemnizer. I SWEAR SIBEI HENG. My solemnizer, Mr See he is a nice, kind and friendly guy. Got his solemnizer license number and detail as confirmed he was able to make it on 14 February. HORRAY!
.
Processing on the website, everything is set and confirmed.
Marriage is forever. Please think carefully before getting married. And yeah. We did. 

Confirmed Venue 
  We contacted the MBS events manager, Jennifer, she's a nice and friendly lady i ever met. We met up with her in advance to understand the whole arrangement in the ballroom. Looking through the menu, food, table arrangement etc.

During this period, I WAS SO STRESSED UP BECAUSE I THOUGHT EVERYTHING COULD SCREW UP, I'M SO AFRAID WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME. BUT LUCKY, FRIENDS AROUND ME LIKE ICE, BEST FRIEND AND MY LOVELY HUSBAND WAS HERE TO CHEER ME UP.
Thanks god everything is good and perfect.

Eventually we decide to invite 50 pax for our solemnization, we do not want to call up so many friends and relatives first as this is just solemnization ceremony, on actual day banquet we will call up all of them.

ANOTHER WORRIED PART WAS THERE IS SOME ISSUE WITH CONFIRMING THE PAX. Anyway ''boyfriend'' has settled it. 
Gave the venue deposit, settled


Emcee
Getting a emcee on my ceremony is a must, my helpful colleague will be hosting.
Drop another stone in my heart.


Hair style 
Contacted my hairstylist Sam liaw, Pro trim manager in causeway point, send him a few hair design  to look through, as confirmed with my hair style. Sam is kind enough to wake up earlier open the shop for me to do my rom hair. *touching* that's because I have to reach MBS by 11am. 
WHERE TO FIND SUCH A GOOD HAIR STYLIST , hair settled! 

http://www.protrimsalon.com/visit_us.html


Outfit
 The only place I'm looking for my outfit was bugis street, not $10+ dresses . There are nice wedding gown, solemnization dresses can be found over there, went a few shop and compare all the prices and dress, finally decide to pick this.

Prefer something simple, easy and trendy which doesn't make me look old.
outfit settled.

Nails 
My nails is fully sponsor, looking through a few design. I did my whole set of nails with simple gelish.  * If you are looking for nail artist please pm me. Nails settled.




Hand bouquet 
''boyfriend'' bought my hand bouquet at flower express. SO PRETTY ISN'T IT!
Hand bouquet settled.


A pair of heels to go

Getting a suitable heels can never be easy, went a few shop to hunt for my heels.
''Boyfriend'' saw this pair of heel at charles and keith, he said is nice. Suppose to wear on my solemnization.

BUT......

 we saw another gorgeous heels at Chinatown, decide to wear this instead. Heels settled.


Soleminzer
Meeting up with our solemnizer for signing consent form and understanding the whole ceremony.
Submitted our documents and oath on our first appointment. Settled


Wedding band
 As discuss we decided not to buy a new wedding band reason is

1 ) We will held our actual wedding soon, we need another wedding band again.
2 ) I have 10 fingers, one for proposal ring, one for couple ring, one for actual wedding
How many finger for how many ring? (LOL) Rom ring settled

Make up artist
I posted a status on my wall regarding about MUA, friends around me introduce mua for me, after considering, I found my own make up artist, as it is one of my friend who love doing make up. (Lots of compliment even my ''husband'' mention the make up is natural and awesome)

My MUA found settled


Hiring a photographer
We hired our own photographer ( A friend of mine, a photographer that i have work before)
Pm if you are keen to know the rates and portfolio of my photographer.
Deposit done, settled.


Decoration of the ballroom
''Boyfriend'' and his friend was up early to check out our ballroom, Marina bay sand did a very good job by setting everything up nicely and quickly before they even reach.

Well done ! 


Balloon decorator was up early too.
 Did a few research, this is one of the best balloon decorator in Singapore.
https://www.facebook.com/BalloonManiac?fref=ts

Found my decorator, settled. 


Before

 After

Drink counter was set up outside of the ballroom, forgotten to took a photo of it, it was absolutely gorgeous counter ! (Miss out taking photo of the drink counter) 

Booking a hotel room 

My lovely husband booked a hotel room at Chinatown, park royal hotel Pickering street to celebrate his birthday, our big day and valentine day.

Asking how much did he spend on our solemnization ceremony ONLY.
I would said is $7,000++, yes just for solemnization.
Price range from $7,000- $10,000 (It depend on the package menu in MBS, your decoration quotation , don't forget to add it wedding band cost etc.  )

I couldn't think of what will happened doing our pre-wedding shoot, preparation of our actual wedding could be much more tiring than this. There is still a long period of time to our actual wedding, taking a good rest. XOXO.

STAY TUNE FOR PART TWO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face Shop long lasting sun block

Goodskin Pore-365

It's been awhile.....